Friday, April 29, 2016

Hex 6-4: Digital Literacy

Part I:

Activity:
Take notes (form provided) on the following presentations/video:

Picking the Right Search Terms 
https://docs.google.com/a/madrid.k12.ia.us/presentation/d/1JFaDwf3_mHVe-O0lqlGRibCD_Hv6zle58YsbUcanzDM/present?slide=id.i0

Understanding Search Results 
https://docs.google.com/a/madrid.k12.ia.us/presentation/d/1KQg1jH5zPK2tXP4CIHcPFyeGMhcX81mh2BpAzbWUbeg/present?slide=id.i0

Narrowing a Search to Get the Best Results 
https://docs.google.com/a/madrid.k12.ia.us/presentation/d/1C3Lte1CFgc4WSw8ydeEhF8BhHdXBFxGnXKpSCGsH6XE/present?slide=id.i0

Discuss:
-Boolean operators
-Advanced Searching


Evaluating Websites:  

Consider:
-What would make you suspicious of a website?

-What are some clues to help you tell if a website is trustworthy?



Part II:

Consider:

1-What are issues with using the Internet in schools?


http://blog.mindjet.com/2013/12/innovation-culture-soctech-wired/


2-What are issues with using the Internet in the workplace?  Consider legal, ethical, and productivity issues


3-What kind of skills will be necessary for jobs in the future?


4-How can the Internet be used positively in the classroom?


Assignment:
Interview a parent or trusted adult and ask them one or both of the following questions, recording their response (at least 2 sentences total) in the comment section of this blog post:

1-How/when do you use technology in your job?  For example, how do you use technology in a regular work day?

2-What do you think is the future of technology in the workplace (in your field or others)? 


16 comments:

  1. Kylie
    Use it for different subjects at school.It entertains kids what they are learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. JF
    I use a computer a lot. It's going to be increasing because more electronic security will be installed, along with more use of electronic documentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallie
    When she is keeping track of the money. She thinks that they will upgrade over time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabe S.
    When is every day and I use a computer to see if the truck he's working on will tell them what's wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoey
    I use the computer on a daily basis. I use it to communicate with parents and staff. Also our student information system is web-based.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alyssa
    I use the internet for research and to communicate through email. I think in the future there will be more web based meetings that cut the amount people have to travel for work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In an ordinary workday I use technology 24/7. For example I use Socratic, Quizlet, my grade book, smart notebook, email, google classroom and use all the apps that go with the google classroom, during the day.

    LD

    ReplyDelete
  8. AA

    At my workplace, I use technology a lot. I use technology to fill out orders and make sure people are getting exactly what they need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use technology on a daily basis. One way I do this is through my desktop. All of my filing and banking happens on the desktop at my office.

    ST

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use Technology everyday in my work. My work consists of all technology. I use editing software to make wedding videos.
    Elijah Moore

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use technology to send emails, save files, and communicate.

    NB

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1.) I use technology at work by typing in documents. I also type in what medication my resideents need. I also use it to make my workers schedules.

    Makenna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use technology at work for codes. -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Malorie

    I work with people around the globe, so technology helps me communicate with them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since I work with people all over America technology is important. I need it to keep my business growing.
    EW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use technology all day long. My job is based on working with and improving the technology.

    Technology will continue to improve and grow in the workplace.

    CH

    ReplyDelete