Thursday, January 21, 2016

Hex 1-2: Digital Commerce

https://digitalcitizenship-2a.wikispaces.com/Digital+Commerce

Consider:

1-What are some concerns with shopping online?

2-How can you know that you are on a secure site?

3-What are some ways to make sure you can be safe when shopping online?

4-What should you (as a young adult) always do before shopping online?

5-What are some ways to stay safe when selling items online?



http://www.businessinsider.com.au/teens-digital-behavior-changes-2014-10


Some considerations:
1-identity theft/stolen financial information, scams

2-lock symbol, statements of security, encryptions

3-Always talk to your parents before buying or selling anything online, especially before paying and before meeting someone face-to-face


Assignment:
Comment on this blog post with 2-3 sentences about your parents' opinions on online shopping.  If you're not sure, ask your parents before responding (or have your parents respond for you!).  Be sure to put your first name or initials on your comment, and be sure to comment on this post for Digital Commerce.

19 comments:

  1. Noah
    My parents believe that online shopping is OK for things you can't get a store. My family doesn't use online shopping that often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason Renze. Well I know that my dad doesn't really shop anywhere other than Lowe's. My mom has shopped a few times online and says she would prefer to "browse".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaci
    My parents are ok with shopping online as long as its a credible site. They usually let me buy stuff online because I usually by things from good websites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents don't use sites like eBay or amazon. they do use nike.com and other business stores.
    -Mason

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents don't frequently buy things online because they don't like giving out personal information. They also don't buy things online because they don't trust the websites.
    -Macy

    ReplyDelete
  6. My parents think online shopping is ok they don't do it often though. My mom does shop online at Hyvee.
    ~KMS~

    ReplyDelete
  7. My parents love the convenience. Dislike waiting, not being able to touch things. They also like not paying for tax.
    Clay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corey
    My mom and dad both think shopping online is good way to get things you can't find in a store. We use online shopping very often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Mom thinks that it is a good thing, but you have to watch some sites.
    My Dad loves it! He said it's easy with just a click of a button.
    -Alex M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erin. My parents think online shopping is okay depending on what they are buying. If they were buying clothes they would want to go to the store to try the clothes on. My parents do think it is very convenient though at times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom shops on amazon and says it's okay as long as you are cautious on buys that seem to good to be true.-Ethan Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  12. My moms likes it because it is very convenient, you can compare prices easily, and she can save fuel. Although you have to watch out for suspicious items and prices.
    Pete Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chaz. My mom doent like to buy things online unless it is around the holidays or you cant find it anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  14. CTF

    My Mother would rather go to the store and shop because she likes to see if something is better than it. My father would rather go to the store because he doesn't want to wait for shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My mom usually shops on amazon. But my dad would rather go to the store so he can know what he is buying.
    PMC

    ReplyDelete
  16. MLE

    My Dad thinks it is a great idea. Because with amazon prime it gets shipped in two days and you get videos. My Mom says about the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My dad is okay with buying online. He mostly only gets books or "educational" things unless he is in a good mood.
    -OPC

    ReplyDelete
  18. My parents actually prefer to shop online. From grocery to Christmas shopping, it's less of a hassle if what you are looking for is right in front of yo face.
    -Luke

    ReplyDelete
  19. My dad thinks that online shopping online is good. He thinks this because it is convenient. It is also cheaper.

    ReplyDelete