For this class, you will participating in a class blog several days a week. On the blog, you may be discussing, writing responses, questions, or comments, responding to others, and turning in assignments.
Remember that what you write will be seen by others in this class, in our school, in our community, and possibly even around the world. Keeping that in mind, here are several expectations when participating in our class blog:
- Be respectful to others
- Be academic in your writing (spelling, grammar, etc)
- Stay on topic (no random posts)
- Be mindful of who can/should read this (feel free to share with your parents)
- Respond in the comment section for the correct day/post
- Use your first name ONLY (but be sure to include a name so you can get credit)
Discussion of issues related to digital citizenship will be important in this class. You may be asked to respond in writing to what we have discussed, so be sure to pay attention! If discussion isn't working out, additional assignments may be necessary. While we are discussing issues, be sure to:
- Pay attention and listen to others
- Participate in the discussion, if you have something meaningful to add to the topic
- Be considerate--do not interrupt or put down what someone else has to say
IF YOU ARE ABSENT:
Look first on the blog to see what you missed that day. Answer and turn in any questions for the day (and watch any videos), and then check with Mrs. Arrants for any additional activities you missed.